Revolutionary, innovative and groundbreaking. These are just a few words that the aviation industry uses to describe Aireon, our technology and our people.
As an Aireon employee, you’re encouraged to be creative, analytical and dynamic. Our technology will not only change the face of the aviation industry but also transform how aircraft are seen. From concept to reality, Aireon is bringing the most advanced technology to stakeholders around the world.
If you are interested in joining the Aireon team, please click below to view our open positions and submit your resume.
Click column header to sort
Aireon is looking for a Human Resources Manager with a growth mindset to join our amazing team in Virginia! This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to make their mark on a Human Resources department and is interested in growing with the company. The position will have the opportunity to dig into all aspects of Human Resources and take on challenging projects. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, innovative, resourceful and actively seek opportunities to improve processes and procedures. In this position, you will be empowered to contribute to the success of Aireon by supporting essential functions including employment, on-boarding, staffing, compensation, benefits, employee relations and other employee related activities and services. As part of this position, you will be tasked with developing strong relationships across all levels of the organization and act as a trusted and valued business partner who ensures the integration of HR programs into the organization. This position will also engage in program design and complete HR related projects as assigned. This position will be located at our corporate headquarters office in McLean, VA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with managers and employees on appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Provide management guidance, as needed (interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, coaching, performance review, safety, etc.)
- Research and respond to employee questions
- Conduct employee exit interviews
- Support both employees and managers during the performance management process
- Draft and revise internal HR polices as needed, respond to policy, procedures and program inquires
Employment and On-Boarding
- Prepare and extend offers of employment, gain necessary position and offer approvals, collect and process pre- and post-employment paperwork including references and background checks
- Prepare, update and conduct new employee orientation and on-boarding
- Administer applicant assessments
Staffing and Recruitment
- Assist with Company’s recruitment program to include:
- New position justification, budget and approval process
- Direct and monitor creation of job descriptions
- Source, recruit, interview, and select candidates
- Schedule interviews and coordinate travel when needed
- Administer benefit related changes - research and resolve benefits and claims issues, manage internal benefit programs including leaves of absence
- Reconcile and submit monthly benefit bills
- Participate in the annual benefit renewal process
- Lead annual employee open enrollment, vendor set up, data input
- Support 401k plan administration
- Oversee salary administration and guidelines - initiate paperwork for personnel action requests (changes, promotions, adjustments)
- Advise management on employee compensation actions
- Research wage survey requests; determine competitive rates as required for internal and external market comparisons
Legal and Compliance
- Meet legal and government reporting requirements:
- Post required notices, prepare data and submit annual mandated reports as applicable such as AAP, EEO-1, Vets-4212, OSHA300, CMS and other required reporting
- Ensure internal policies and procedures are in compliance, prepare for government compliance audits
- Respond to outside requests for employee information, verifications, references, subpoenas, court orders etc.
- Manage the company’s annual compliance training
- Draft organizational announcements and other employee communications
- Work on various projects and initiatives as needed
- Assist payroll as needed
The Software Engineer will be part of the multidisciplinary integrated product team which builds Aireon’s suite of space-based ADS-B and aviation solutions. Come join a team that has a unique data set and is continuing to build and integrate using this data. The Software Engineer will design and code complex software services to support the growing list of features both on-prem and in the cloud (and in space!).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and debug Aireon system software, tools, and services using modern software techniques and languages
- Responsible for implementing design based on requirements and architecture
- Utilize microservices and containers in new development
- Use cloud-based technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.) when applicable
- Work closely with architecture team to ensure best practices are used
- Integrate code with test team to support verification and validation
- Perform trade studies, application prototyping, and analysis of large data sets
- Assist in the development of effective system requirements
- Assist in the development and dry run of test procedures
- System performance analysis and simulations
- Utilize best practices in CI/CD, including Git, JIRA, Jenkins, pipelines
- Occasional technical investigation to support our critical mission
- Work with other engineers on code reviews
The Senior Test Engineer will support both System and Sub-System level test campaigns as associated with Aireon Space Based ADS-B services and Commercial Data platforms built upon Microsoft Azure. Reporting to Director- Systems Engineering, this position will be responsible for developing test plans and executing test cases and procedures associated with formal test campaigns including witnessing and running FAT/SAT test cases as well as conducting test reviews with the relevant Aireon and vendor/customer stakeholders.
Addition responsibilities will involve creating monitoring and alerting solutions utilizing Azure-based telemetry to ensure proactive operational system level monitoring, and performing system level troubleshooting for issues being reported by utilizing Aireon lab and Azure test assets to replicate these issues and provide verification and validation for closing out issues prior to formal system deployment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide a mapping for system level requirements against the appropriate system verification method (i.e. Inspection, Demonstration, Test and Analysis).
- Develop and execute software and hardware level test plans and cases utilizing both manual and automated test scripts.
- Perform functional test cases for system integration, system loading and regression test scenarios and user acceptance testing when applicable.
- Perform non-functional test cases for performance, failover, longevity and stress test scenarios
- Investigate test failures, document bugs, problem reports, and tickets for final resolution.
- Implement key performance indicators that show test coverage, test progress and other test-related metrics
- Conduct formal testing activities in both ground and cloud environments at Aireon and Azure, respectively.
- Work with cross functional teams (systems engineering, modeling and analysis, program management, product development, etc) to complete test campaigns and brief results to Aireon Management.
- Produce test plans, procedures, artifacts and reports, and documents for Configuration Management (CM) controlled repositories (i.e. Sharepoint).
- Attend and present work products at Aireon Review Board meetings (Technical Review Board, Configuration Review Board, etc.)
As DevOps/Software Engineer you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation/development, documentation, testing, deployment and production operations support of Aireon’s Microsoft Azure Cloud applications developed for our external and internal customers. You will design and develop complex new software products, make significant enhancements to existing software, and streamline provisioning of cloud infrastructure and automation of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes.
Aireon is a fast-paced dynamic environment which requires an energetic self-starter with creative approaches to solving complex problems. The role calls for a self-motivated, innovative problem solver who can bring with them new ideas and is looking for a challenge. You will work with Engineering and development team to translate scalability, performance, reliability, and functional requirements to cloud computing solutions
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including Design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document software applications.
- Implement and automate continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines to support application development lifecycle activities and release cycles.
- Design, implement and maintain CI/CD systems to support automated build, testing and deployment.
- Work with the team to implement and automate the orchestration of deployment jobs across environments either on-prem or in the cloud with a focus on security, availability and monitoring.
- Ensuring that technical software development process is followed on the project according to internal and industry best practices for software development and operational support.
- Improve and strengthen our strategy in setting-up, managing and configuring our environments needed in test activities
- Document and present design documents for project approval
- Develop Unit Test scripts
- Develop and Perform Unit and Integration testing and document results
- Perform unit and integration testing and document results
- Perform peer code reviews
- Define Measures and KPI’s
- Utilize key components of Microsoft Azure Cloud for Aireon applications.
- Perform analysis and troubleshooting of processing errors and data inconsistencies and provide solutions
- Adapt and work with team members of various experience levels and diverse locations
- Understand Data Flows and Common Data Model
- Participate in daily scrum meetings and weekly status meetings to provide a status report of work in progress, accomplished and problems / issues encountered
- Will be working 70% as a developer and/or tester and 30% on operational activities