Revolutionary, innovative and groundbreaking. These are just a few words that the aviation industry uses to describe Aireon, our technology and our people.
As an Aireon employee, you’re encouraged to be creative, analytical and dynamic. Our technology will not only change the face of the aviation industry but also transform how aircraft are seen. From concept to reality, Aireon is bringing the most advanced technology to stakeholders around the world.
If you are interested in joining the Aireon team, please click below to view our open positions and submit your resume.
Use this form to perform another job search
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
- Note: Final shift remaining is: Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 6:30 PM to 7:00 AM OR Saturday, Sunday, Monday from 6:30 AM to 7:00 AM
- Three-day work-week, four days off! Shifts will be three consecutive 12.5-hour days: Day shift is from 6:30 am-7:00 pm, and overnight shift is from 6:30 pm to 7:00 am. Shifts will cover 7 days per week, 365 days per year, so some weekend and holiday work will be required.
- These positions are considered part-time due to work hours being under 40 hours per week. These positions are benefits eligible for benefits, however, vacation/floating holidays will be pro-rated.
- Respond to customer reports and inquiries for a global aircraft surveillance tracking system, mitigate and troubleshoot service outages, system and network outages, and performance issues.
- Manage international customer communications, including incidents, support requests and problem tracking reports, take appropriate action toward resolving system and network problems as they appear or as they are reported by customers or other stakeholders.
- Determine additional required resources based on the severity or type of event.
- Issue and manage service interruption reports to international customers.
- Remotely support installation of various computer hardware and software and bringing systems on-line.
- Monitor data network devices and overall network health and performance.
- Responsible for incident response, troubleshooting, and resolution per policies and procedures.
- Implement technical solutions to mitigate outages or performance issues.
- Communicate with end users and customers to manage service changes and repairs.
- Collaborate with engineering, network operations, security operations, and system administrators to ensure operational quality and integrity, and support overall system testing.
- Take a proactive role in assisting management in developing policies and documentation.
- Be a resource for other team members for ensuring adherence to plans and procedures.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity/working knowledge of networking Security, networked addressed storage, web and computer server administration, and SNMP
- Technical skills to understand incidents typical of a networked, international aircraft surveillance system-of-systems, and the underlying problems causing them
- Professional certifications such as ITIL foundation, Network+ or CCNA
- Experience with aviation, aerospace, military, government, safety, and security is a plus
- Any foreign language experience is a plus
The ideal candidate will have a combination of the above technical skills, experience and education along with the following attributes:
- Desire to learn and a positive attitude
- Customer attentiveness and sincere empathy
- Highly developed situational awareness
- Precise and meaningful communication
- Flexible thinking and a growth mindset
Are you both a Linux guru and a coder? We’re looking for you!
The Aireon Engineering team is seeking an engineer to help maintain and monitor the development and integration environments. This role will also be key to the Aireon Engineering team’s selection of hardware and software used within the Aireon system. Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, the engineer will be responsible for Aireon’s unique engineering environment of mostly Linux boxes, CI servers, and help to plan and design remote Linux appliances. Our engineering environment even includes a single box with 144 HT cores and 3TB of ECC RAM all in 3U (yes, the memory check on boot takes quite a while!)
- Maintain, administer, and monitor the on-prem and cloud-based Linux-based Aireon Engineering assets used for development, integration, and data analysis
- Maintain development environments including continuous integration (CI), build servers, and the development/integration instance of Git
- Collaborate with the Aireon Software and Systems Engineering teams on new hardware selection for future upgrades to the operational Aireon System
- Collaborate with the Aireon Software and Systems Engineering teams on new software and OS selection for future upgrades to the operational Aireon System
- Develop scripts to ease administration and monitoring of assets
- Analyze and troubleshoot errors and logs
- Maintain Anaconda kickstart scripts and automated configuration tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Maintain data recording storage devices and facilitate offsite backup
- Contribute to engineering trade studies
- Assist test and development teams with development and integration tasks
- Regularly communicate with engineering team on environment status
- Maintain tool license servers including FLEXlm
- Proactively suggest upgrades
- Prevent end-users from running sudo rm -rf --no-preserve-root /