Revolutionary, innovative and groundbreaking. These are just a few words that the aviation industry uses to describe Aireon, our technology and our people.
As an Aireon employee, you’re encouraged to be creative, analytical and dynamic. Our technology will not only change the face of the aviation industry but also transform how aircraft are seen. From concept to reality, Aireon is bringing the most advanced technology to stakeholders around the world.
If you are interested in joining the Aireon team, please click below to view our open positions and submit your resume.
Click column header to sort
In this role you will work with our accounting team on the overall financial support of the organization. This position will be primarily focused on the Accounts Payable and Purchasing process. This is a part-time position, currently the expectation is 20 to 24 hours per week. Currently the Company uses Workday as the ERP solution.
Accounts Payable support
- Process Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
- Process invoices in our ERP. This includes reviewing invoices for PO matching, proper account coding and validating that approvals are in accordance with company policies.
- Process corporate credit card transactions. This includes review for proper account coding and review of the related credit card reconciliations for completeness, accuracy and compliance with company policies.
- Process employee expense reports. This includes reviewing for compliance with company policies and proper account coding.
- Work with project managers & vendors on invoice-related issues.
- Respond to vendor calls and e-mails on a timely basis.
- Handle internal customer inquiries timely.
- Assist with weekly payment batches, including:
- EFT/ ACH
General Ledger duties:
- Assist with Month-end close process; performing monthly accounting tasks including journal entries
- Provide ad hoc and other necessary reports and analysis as and when required.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will serve as a liaison between business process and product owners, solution delivery teams, and software development teams. The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will work directly with internal customers to understand the business environment and needs and help identify relevant design and specifications for improvements, as well as for design, develop and deliver scalable, extensible and sustainable new features and solutions.
The candidate will possess the ability to analyze and distill complex business needs into business requirements, and significant experience with requirements management tools.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong communication skills both verbally and written. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, highly innovative, and has excellent interpersonal skills
Communication and adeptness at working with a variety of personalities and skillsets across multiple organizations, multiple time zones, maintaining and willingness to contribute broadly in a fast-paced, start-up environment will be a key part of this role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with end users, business leaders, process/product owners, scrum masters, internal and external project managers to help establish strategic goals and objectives, project objectives, and set expectations on functional scope.
- Translate business goals and requirements into clear actionable features/user stories and acceptance/testing criteria for solution delivery and software development teams to consume
- Assist business process stakeholders and product owners in prioritization of backlog.
- Understand procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, and communications pathways to analyze and create business, functional and technical requirements.
- Recommend changes in product, process and service offerings; presents high-level benefits of recommendation and explains rationale for selection over alternative solutions.
- Provide analysis and problem solving on business challenges and internal customer support issues including talking to end-users, scoping, root cause, brainstorming with the team, clarifying options, and creating cost-effective solutions. Partner with external solution providers and software development teams as needed.
- Analyze, create, design and format requirement specification documentation, including process flows and other information needed to describe required system changes.
- Guide and oversee acceptance and functional testing.
- Ensure compliance with security policies through profiles, roles and permission sets.
- Work closely with Aireon’s Information Security Manager to support, maintain and administer policies and procedures for ensuring security and integrity of the company’s critical business applications.
- Develops and improve functional support procedures, escalation procedures, workflows, knowledge base, configuration repositories using Atlassian JIRA, Confluence and SharePoint Online.
- Working experience in IT implementations as Business Analyst or Assistant Product Owner.
- Demonstrated initiative and detail-orientation to ensure accurate capture of incident characteristics and quick resolution of issues for continuing successful operations
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous assignments.
- Ability to work as part of a team comprised of internal and external resources located in multiple geo-graphic locations and time-zones
- Ability and motivation to work in a fast-paced, start-up entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to take on additional roles related to IT business system development, testing, and operations to fill resource gaps as needed
- Proactive communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- Three-day work-week, four days off! Shifts will be three consecutive 12.5-hour days: Day shift is from 6:30 am-7:00 pm, and overnight shift is from 6:30 pm to 7:00 am. Shifts will cover 7 days per week, 365 days per year, so some weekend and holiday work will be required.
- These positions are considered part-time due to work hours being under 40 hours per week. These positions are benefits eligible for benefits, however, vacation/floating holidays will be pro-rated.
- Respond to customer reports and inquiries for a global aircraft surveillance tracking system, mitigate and troubleshoot service outages, system and network outages, and performance issues.
- Manage international customer communications, including incidents, support requests and problem tracking reports, take appropriate action toward resolving system and network problems as they appear or as they are reported by customers or other stakeholders.
- Determine additional required resources based on the severity or type of event.
- Issue and manage service interruption reports to international customers.
- Remotely support installation of various computer hardware and software and bringing systems on-line.
- Monitor data network devices and overall network health and performance.
- Responsible for incident response, troubleshooting, and resolution per policies and procedures.
- Implement technical solutions to mitigate outages or performance issues.
- Communicate with end users and customers to manage service changes and repairs.
- Collaborate with engineering, network operations, security operations, and system administrators to ensure operational quality and integrity, and support overall system testing.
- Take a proactive role in assisting management in developing policies and documentation.
- Be a resource for other team members for ensuring adherence to plans and procedures.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity/working knowledge of networking Security, networked addressed storage, web and computer server administration, and SNMP
- Technical skills to understand incidents typical of a networked, international aircraft surveillance system-of-systems, and the underlying problems causing them
- Professional certifications such as ITIL foundation, Network+ or CCNA
- Experience with aviation, aerospace, military, government, safety, and security is a plus
- Any foreign language experience is a plus
The ideal candidate will have a combination of the above technical skills, experience and education along with the following attributes:
- Desire to learn and a positive attitude
- Customer attentiveness and sincere empathy
- Highly developed situational awareness
- Precise and meaningful communication
- Flexible thinking and a growth mindset
Are you both a Linux guru and a coder? We’re looking for you!
The Aireon Engineering team is seeking an engineer to help maintain and monitor the development and integration environments. This role will also be key to the Aireon Engineering team’s selection of hardware and software used within the Aireon system. Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, the engineer will be responsible for Aireon’s unique engineering environment of mostly Linux boxes, CI servers, and help to plan and design remote Linux appliances. Our engineering environment even includes a single box with 144 HT cores and 3TB of ECC RAM all in 3U (yes, the memory check on boot takes quite a while!)
- Maintain, administer, and monitor the on-prem and cloud-based Linux-based Aireon Engineering assets used for development, integration, and data analysis
- Maintain development environments including continuous integration (CI), build servers, and the development/integration instance of Git
- Collaborate with the Aireon Software and Systems Engineering teams on new hardware selection for future upgrades to the operational Aireon System
- Collaborate with the Aireon Software and Systems Engineering teams on new software and OS selection for future upgrades to the operational Aireon System
- Develop scripts to ease administration and monitoring of assets
- Analyze and troubleshoot errors and logs
- Maintain Anaconda kickstart scripts and automated configuration tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Maintain data recording storage devices and facilitate offsite backup
- Contribute to engineering trade studies
- Assist test and development teams with development and integration tasks
- Regularly communicate with engineering team on environment status
- Maintain tool license servers including FLEXlm
- Proactively suggest upgrades
- Prevent end-users from running sudo rm -rf --no-preserve-root /
The Security Engineer is an integral part of Aireon’s network and information system security program, and is principally responsible for monitoring and protecting Aireon’s sensitive data and systems from intrusions; helping the organization understand advanced cyber threats; and helping to create strategies to protect Aireon networks. The Security Engineer will report directly to Aireon’s Information Security Manager (ISM). Communication and adeptness at working with a variety of personalities and skillsets across multiple organizations, multiple time zones, managing subcontract and vendor relationships, and willingness to contribute broadly in a fast-paced, start-up environment will be a key part of this role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Prepare and document system security plans, standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments.
- Respond to information security issues during each stage of a project’s lifecycle.
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies.
- Monitor VPNs, server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and coordinate with the ISM to develop plans for resolution.
- Support Incident Response investigations as required and occasionally after normal business hours.
- Maintain and keep current all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, VPNs, intrusion detection systems, cryptographic systems, biometrics, anti-spam, and anti-virus software, and all updates published by their respective vendors or manufacturers.
- Assist in designing and implementing disaster recovery plans for operating systems, databases, network connections and protocols, servers, and software applications.
- Performs other Information Technology duties as assigned by the Director of Operations, or the Information Security Manager.
- Expertise in anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods.
- Disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods.
- Planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures.
- Malicious code identification and analysis.
- Endpoint security solutions, including file integrity monitoring and data loss prevention.
- Cloud platforms such as AZURE and services such as (PaaS, IaaS, SaaS) security.
- Automating security testing tools.
- Ability and motivation to work in a fast-paced, start-up entrepreneurial environment.
- Proactive communicator with strong written and verbal skills.
- U.S. Citizenship Required